NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

The Wife Who Knew Too Much by Michele Campbell

A little sordid tale of infidelity, money, and murder.

It's been 13 years since Tabitha Girard had met the gorgeous Connor Ford at the country club where she worked as a pool girl and he was one of the rich kids who happened to be there visiting his grandmother for the summer. A romance grew until it was discovered and forbidden. She'd never forgotten him and now, suddenly, there he was -- sitting at a table on the terrace at the second-rate sports bar where she now waited tables. It was meant to be, them coming back together and all those feelings reignited. One problem, however -- Connor happens to be married to Nina Levitt, a woman who is 20 years older than him but incredibly wealthy. But, they can't help themselves. He's going to get a divorce, he says, and seems to be taking a really long time about it. But then Nina ends up dead and finally Tabitha's fairy tale dream is about to come true. Unfortunately, everything is not quite as wonderful as expected and suddenly Tabitha is under suspicion. NO SPOILERS.

2 stars = it was OK but honestly, this is the kind of story that I really try to avoid and somehow end up reading due to being duped by the synopsis or by other reviews. I need to stop requesting domestic dramas masquerading as suspense thrillers with unlikable characters and thoroughly predictable outcomes. I anticipated the twists from the start and can I say, again, that I really detested all of the characters in this book, especially Tabitha. I mean, honestly, how did anyone believe that this was all going to turn out OK given their decisions, behavior, and the situation. The ending left me scoffing and shaking my head. I was totally disappointed because I had liked this author's previous book. I see that this fit the bill for others and I just have to be more careful in the future.

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for the e-book ARC to read and review.

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.
Genre:  Domestic drama

No comments:

Post a Comment