NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Monday, September 7, 2020

I Know Your Secret by Ruth Heald

This is a story about vulnerability, power in relationships, and explosive secrets. It's a very quick read that is easily consumed in a single sitting as it alternates between the points of view of Danielle and Beth.

Beth Evans has no idea that Danielle Brown has an agenda when Danielle starts therapy with her. Ostensibly to save a failing marriage, Danielle reveals her innermost thoughts and fears. But what if she is lying? Beth has no idea that Danielle is bent on revenge. NO SPOILERS.

Although a bit predictable once you've gotten into it a bit, the story held my interest and kept me guessing as I followed the twists, turns and revelations. I found the interactions between Beth and Danielle quite interesting as they form a counselor-client bond and sink into dysfunctional, mutual manipulation. I found myself feeling empathy for both women by the end. Enjoy!

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for this e-book ARC to read and review. An addictive piece of psychological fiction.

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.
Genre - domestic, psychological fiction, secrets and lies, therapy

No comments:

Post a Comment