NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Saturday, September 12, 2020

The Wife by Shalini Boland

A woman (Zoe) faints on her wedding day, has amnesia for over 10 years, eventually finds out the secrets being kept from her, and the truth finally comes out.

Mercifully, this was a very quick and short read that I finished in a single sitting over a couple of hours. It was easy to guess where this one was going and I really didn't find it suspenseful or twisty. Unfortunately, I find that I have no tolerance for this type of domestic drama and cared little for the main character so was unable to drum up any empathy for her plight or her angsty behavior.

Looking over the many glowing reviews, I see that I am definitely the odd one out so I'll just leave this here.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for providing this e-book ARC to read and review.

This is a domestic drama standalone.

No comments:

Post a Comment