NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Departure (Seth Walker #3) by Joseph Reid

 Action-packed thrilled with a great plot and relatable characters.

I was a bit upset when I started this only to realize it was the third in a series that I hadn't yet started. Normally, I'd go and get those titles and read them first, but I was too far in at that point so I kept on going and am glad I did. I'm sure there is much backstory that I've missed, but this worked fine for me as a jumping off point and one day I may indeed read the first two books.

Seth Walker, a former Air Marshal and now in a new role as Tactical Law Enforcement Liaison and Principal Investigator, is called to what seems to be an emergency at San Fransisco International Airport. Apparently an electrical engineer has gone missing and didn't show up for his flight to Tel Aviv that morning. Seth is a bit surprised to find out that this level of response is indicated, until he hears the details. He's joined in the situation by someone he's worked with before, FBI Special Agent Melissa Cooke. The situation is contradictory and no one is quite sure what is going on, but Seth and Melissa start to track Anah El-Amin, an employee at Magnet (an electronics giant); it's unclear if he is a victim or a terrorist. No spoilers.

The details about so many different interesting aspects of electronics, flight, and airports kept me entertained along with the narrative that had me hooked from the beginning. I liked the two main characters, Seth and Melissa, and the descriptions of Seth's emotional baggage helped develop his appeal. I definitely would read the next in this series.

Thank you to NetGalley and Thomas & Mercer for this e-book ARC to read, review, and recommend.

This is the third book in a series that should probably be read in order.

Genre - mystery thriller, high tech espionage, law enforcement

No comments:

Post a Comment