NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Friday, May 28, 2021

The Serial Killer's Wife by Alice Hunter

 Although the synopsis is a bit misleading, this was a fast-paced suspense thriller that I ended up liking well enough even though, at times, I was also ready to throw my kindle across the room!

The knock on the door. Her husband late in arriving home from work. It's the police and they have questions about a missing person -- someone who was involved with her husband years before they married. After Tom Hardcastle is arrested and charged with murder, Beth has to figure out how to survive and protect her young daughter, Poppy. NO SPOILERS.

The narrative definitely didn't go in the direction I'd assumed, but I was suspicious early on that, as the revelations about Tom came in spurts, that their marriage and life together wasn't the one they'd both pretended it to be. I almost immediately didn't like Beth -- everything she said and did just irritated me and I found her actions totally unbelievable. It's hard to say more without giving any hints, but I'll just say this was not the perfect marriage nor a happy family. The ending had a bit of a twist that some might not see coming.

Thank you to NetGalley and Avon Books UK for this e-book ARC to read and review. 

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.

Genre - domestic suspense thriller

No comments:

Post a Comment