NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Thursday, February 22, 2024

The 23rd Midnight (New Murder Club) by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro #23

 A fast-paced crime thriller.


A monster is re-creating murders committed by a convicted serial killer. Evan Burke is behind bars but is still a mentor and influence on an obsessed fanboy.  Can the women find and stop him before he targets the members of the club. 


It's been at least a decade since I've read any of the Murder Club series. I saw this in my local library's catalog of audiobooks and thought it was time to revisit the old gang. I was not disappointed!


I love the sharp and focused narrative and the dynamics of the friend group. I caught back up to them quite quickly and asked myself why I had stopped reading the series. The plot was interesting and the action and dialog kept me glued to my ear buds. 


The narrator was excellent and the voices of the characters quite distinct. 

This is the 23rd in a series but can be read as a standalone or a starting point.

Genre - crime thriller

No comments:

Post a Comment