NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Thursday, July 4, 2024

Eruption by Michael Crichton and James Patterson

 Wow! I love a disaster type novel that includes science, and this was a thrill ride of epic proportions. 


This type of story always screams blockbuster movie to me, and I would love to see it on the big screen. I read it in a single sitting as I simply couldn’t put it down.


The plot -- scientists at the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory on the rim of the Kilauea caldera are predicting a huge eruption of Mauna Loa volcano on the big island of Hawaii. It seems they have some methods to prevent a huge loss of life and property put in place. That is, until it's discovered that a secret cache of seriously dangerous radioactive biologic material is stored inside a lava tube. 


A race against time, dangerous feats of courage and bravery, love, and loss combine to make this a riveting thriller that I enjoyed immensely. My engagement was amplified by listening to the audiobook narrated by the amazing Scott Brick, while reading along with the e-book. It is definitely an experience I highly recommend. A fun beach read and certain to be a bestseller. 


In the acknowledgements, Michael Crichton's widow explains how he conceived and extensively researched the topic and how she decided to collaborate with James Patterson to bring this book to market. 

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.

Genre - disaster thriller, volcanos

No comments:

Post a Comment