NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Monday, July 1, 2024

Still See You Everywhere (Frankie Elkin #3) by Lisa Gardner

 Fast paced and twisty mystery thriller kept me glued to the pages.


Frankie Elkin finds missing persons. She's not any kind of professional -- in fact a loner and confessed alcoholic, she never stays anywhere or with anyone for long. When she's asked by a death row serial killer, The Beautiful Butcher, Keahi Pierson, to find and rescue her younger sister, Leilani, Frankie finds herself on a plane to Hawaii. Then to a privately owned atoll that is being developed for a resort owned by a tech billionaire whom Keahi believes kidnapped Leilani. The only others on the island are a team of workers trying to get the place up and going. All become pawns in this twisty mission where the objective is murky and it's unclear which of them are the good guys. 


I had not read the previous two books in the series featuring this main character, but it was easy to pick this up and I didn't feel that I had missed anything crucial. I am a little ambivalent about Frankie as she is quite the contradictory personality with an interesting history. I liked all the twists and turns and surprises in the narrative and relished the descriptions and details about the atoll of Pomaikai. I'll be on the lookout for future installments in this series.


I had the pleasure of listening to the audiobook while reading along with the e-book ARC provided by the publisher. The narrator did a good job performing all the voices and accents which enhanced my enjoyment of the book.

This is the third book in a series. I had not read the first two when I finished this one. It did not seem to make a difference.

Genre - mystery thriller

No comments:

Post a Comment