NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Saturday, July 20, 2024

The Reaper Follows (#4 Larson and Forrest) by Heather Graham

 Entertaining conclusion to this crime thriller series.


FDLE special agent Amy Larson and her partner, FBI special agent Hunter Forrest, are called to a gruesome scene in the Everglades. Chopped up body parts from many people spill out of a fallen barrel in a stretch of mangrove roots. Four more barrels still intact. And a note clasped in the fingers of one of the victims. Amy knows who left the calling card when she also received a little plastic horse, the pale horse of Apocalypse and the Four Horsemen fame, had shown up at the FDLE. The Archangel is taunting them and Amy and Hunter need to stop their end game. 


I had not read the previous three books in this series, so I was a bit wary of jumping in here at the finish. Fortunately, I didn't have any problem following the story line and caught up easily with well-placed details and backstory. Lots of action and compelling characters made this an engaging book that captured me and kept my attention. I also really enjoyed all the historical information about the Seminoles and other native tribes as well as the description of the Everglades and its flora and fauna. 


I listened to the audiobook while following along in the e-book ARC provided by the publisher. I thought the narrator, Roger Wayne, did a good job voicing all the characters and giving them each a different inflection and tone. The audio added to my appreciation and enjoyment of the book. 


In retrospect, I would have preferred to have read the whole series in order.

This is the 4th in a series.

Genre - crime thriller, mystery

No comments:

Post a Comment