NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Dead End (DI Kelly Porter #3) by Rachel Lynch

Family secrets, murder, and mysterious disappearances keep DI Kelly Porter busy in the Lake District. In the meanwhile, she's trying to navigate her new relationship with Johnny Frietz of the mountain rescue team.

I love this series and the character of Kelly Porter. She's sensible and pragmatic, but also has a good heart and strong loyalty to her family and team. I've read both previous books in this series and always look forward to a new installment as I get to know her better. The police procedural and crime thriller elements combine to make a compelling read that I have a hard time putting down. I like the description and detail of the location along with the pace of the narrative. Occasionally told in alternating viewpoints, the main plot here hums along with enough clues to keep you guessing at the identify of the criminal despite the red herrings.

Thank you to NetGalley and Canelo Publishers for the e-book ARC to read and review. I look forward to #4 in the series and hope I don't have to wait too long!

Series -- read in order for best enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment