NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Don't Let Go by Michel Bussi

Deliver us from evil...

On holiday, Martial and Liane Bellion and their six-year-old daughter, Sopha, are enjoying the tropical paradise that is Reunion Island. This particular day will not end well. When Martial goes up to their hotel room to check on Liane, she's missing, there's blood everywhere and all of her personal effects are gone. The police are on the scene immediately. They know that the husband is the immediate suspect. Witness testimony places him at the scene and a there's a knife  with his fingerprints all over it. In a seeming panic, Martial flees with his daughter. There's more to this than meets the eye...NO SPOILERS.

This fast-paced novel kept me glued to my map of Reunion Island and had me sucking up every detail of its history and geography. I can't even tell you readers how much I enjoyed this mystery and crime thriller. There are so many unanswered questions, twists and turns, suspects and characters. I loved them all and have to admit to a tear or two when tragic events occur. The writing is top-notch, my only complaint is that my French is rusty and the footnotes weren't always helpful in explaining the terms in translation. The description and detail about the island enthralled me and I could not get enough. Do you know that I never even knew that this place existed? I totally love a book that takes me to a new setting, draws me in, and brings out the researcher in me!

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this, but totally recommend. Thank you to Edelweiss and Europa Editions for this e-book ARC to read and review.

This is a standalone and not part of any series.

No comments:

Post a Comment