NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Tell Me No Lies by Alex Sinclair

Is Grace grieving -- or losing her mind?

Grace watches as her husband, John Dalton, is the victim of a hit and run. They had been out celebrating their 5th wedding anniversary when he's hit and killed in the middle of the street. Grace sinks into despondency and depression with only her friend, Jennifer, sticking by to try to help her through the funeral and the visit to the lawyer about John's estate. They'd barely been making ends meet as Grace was working as a nurse and John in residency at the hospital. So, it's a total shock when she's given the news that John had bought a life insurance policy with money he'd kept in a secret bank account. And then, other strange things begging to happen as Grace tries to figure out what is going on and who John Dalton really was.

Well. I read this in a couple of hours and must say it wasn't very thrilling or suspenseful. The very predictable psychological drama has been told before and was mostly a cliche in terms of the setup, the action and the conclusion. No surprises here. I actually detested Grace and couldn't for the life of me understand where her parents were throughout all this affair. I just wanted to shake her until her teeth rattled -- oops, that's not very nice of me with her being a new widow and all. Lots of repetition and internal stream of consciousness angst while the other stereotypical characters played out their roles. In all honesty, I was very disappointed as I've read other books by this author that I've enjoyed so much more. I'll just chalk this as a one off miss.

I'd like to thank Bookouture and NetGalley for providing the e-book ARC for me to read and review and look forward to Mr. Sinclair's next book.

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.

No comments:

Post a Comment