NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Friday, November 16, 2018

Love You Gone by Rona Halsall

A book you'll want to read in one sitting!

When Mel shows up around 8 pm at the Lake District vacation home that her husband, Luke, has rented for the holiday week, he and the children are not in the house. "Gone for a hike," the note says. After a couple of hours when they still have not returned she gets worried, calls in Mountain Rescue and then the local police get involved. Something is not right with this whole scenario and you are about to find out just how messed up things are. NO SPOILERS.

This was great fun with enough back and forth with the shifts in narrator from Mel to Luke that it kept you guessing until all was revealed. It's packed with thorny domestic issues, family drama and plenty of teasers to keep you racing through the pages as you simply must finish this story! I had a few predictions and was pleased to find that not all was as expected and I love it when a book can still surprise me. Although I can't say I really liked any of the characters, I did enjoy this and was quite satisfied with its ending despite thinking that some got off a bit too easy. I had read the first book by this author and hadn't been that thrilled with it, so very glad I gave her another chance.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for this e-book ARC to read and review.

This is a standalone and not part of any series.

No comments:

Post a Comment