NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Saturday, November 3, 2018

The Perfect Family by Shalini Boland

Don't let this nanny into your house!

It seems that everyone is using the word "twist" to describe a psychological thriller and domestic drama these days, but here is one that really fits. I was completely unable to put it down as I raced through the pages. The tension ratcheted up with almost every chapter and, even though I thought I KNEW where this one was going, I was wrong!

Gemma is a busy wife and mother. With her own business, a facilities management firm, requiring much of her attention and long hours, she finds herself in need of some help. Her husband, Robert, and their two little girls (Katie and Eva) can really do with someone to do some child care, cooking, and tutoring. When Sadie Lewis, recommended by Gemma's mother-in-law, arrives for an interview, both Gemma and Robert think she will be perfect. But that's when the real trouble begins...NO SPOILERS.

I really enjoyed this standalone novel and have also read two other books by this very talented author. She has a way of immediately setting the stage, drawing you in, and keeping you totally hooked until the SHOCKER. If you read a lot of this genre, as I do, then you probably can usually figure out what's up early on, but this one will take you a bit longer, I promise. It was fast and fun and I hope you enjoy it!

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for this e-book ARC to read and review. I can't wait for Shalini Boland's next book!

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.

No comments:

Post a Comment