NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Thursday, November 8, 2018

The Many (#1 in trilogy) by Nathan Field

Karl notices the difference in his sister right away. She's been so strange since her date with the rich ophthalmologist she met via an online dating site. The changes in Stacey escalate into violence. In another part of town, Dawn's mother, Isobel, is preparing for an evening out with a woman who contacted her through the same site. Isobel returns home the morning after, but she, too, isn't acting like herself. Though Karl and Dawn don't initially even know each other, they are soon to meet and become entwined in the pursuit of those they hold responsible for what has happened to Karl's sister and Isobel's mother. NO SPOILERS.

The subject matter and the narrative style in this story are both seriously creepy. I definitely felt the tension and suspense as Karl and Dawn try to find answers. There's lots of blood and gore along with the action scenes. A bit of suspension of disbelief may be required, but it was a fun and absorbing read that kept me hooked so I had to read it all in one sitting. I'm seriously lucky because I have the second book in the planned trilogy ready to open up on my Kindle so I can continue immediately. That said, I don't know how I'll stand it waiting for the finale! I'm a bit at a loss to put this book in a genre category as it contains elements of a thriller as well as a bit of sci-fi in a way. I look forward to reading other reviews though I've seen some that didn't seem to have the same takeaway from the book as I have. I enjoyed it, probably because I had no preconceived notions and it was a bit different to what I've been reading lately.

Thank you to NetGalley and Silvermac Publishing for the e-book ARC to read and review. I see this was published in 2016 and I apologize for only getting to it now. On to ANCESTRAL...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment