NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Saltwater Graves (Detective Casey Whie #3) by B.R. Spangler

"With every high-profile case came a mountain of speculation and rumor."

And in this case, the rumors have to do with Detective Casey White's love, ex-sheriff Jericho Flynn. Implicated in a series of murders, Jericho sees his mayoral campaign collapse. Meanwhile, the newly pregnant Casey is visiting a convicted serial killer in prison. Casey knows that Paige Kotes killed Jericho's wife, but now there's a shadow of doubt. NO SPOILERS.

This novel had every trope known to the typical female detective crime thriller. Although it is the third I've read in the series, it will be my last. I was very disappointed by the conclusion and outcome of this story and don't care to revisit the Outer Banks again. It's too bad that Casey has just one heartbreak and devastation after another, and I won't go down the road with her again. This wasn't a very exciting case and I struggled to get through it especially when I could see the direction it was going. I can see that others really like this series, so I'll leave them to it.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for the e-book ARC to read and review.

This is the third in a series that should be read in order.

Genre - female detective, crime thriller, series

No comments:

Post a Comment