NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

The Astrology House by Carinn Jade

 Entertaining suspense thriller. 


The 4 couples and friends just wanted a fun weekend away and Stars Harbor Astrological Retreat sounds like a lovely place for them to hang out. Farrah and Joe, Aimee and Adam, Eden and Rick, and Margot and Ted are not that big into astrology but are quite surprised by some of the revelations they experience when Rini starts doing their readings. Lots of the usual secrets and lies that are just lurking and ready to bust out.


Sounds like many of these people have things they don’t want to come out and, what a surprise, Rini has her own agenda. And then, the hurricane. 


This was fun and fast and quite predictable with all the couples at the retreat. The narrative alternates points of view so the reader knows what each is thinking  and feeling. I liked some of the characters more than others and the conclusion was not really unexpected as I had anticipated that turn of events. I guess you can never really know anyone as well as you think or hope.


I don’t know much about astrology other than basic zodiac signs so that part was quite interesting and made me actually want to look up my own chart. Alas, no Rini here to interpret for me!


I listened to the audiobook while following along in the e-book ARC provided by the publisher. I liked that the production had a large cast so as to make the voices and personalities distinct. I definitely liked some of the voices more than others. But, as always, the dual approach made me enjoy the novel that much more.

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.

Genre - mystery thriller, psychological domestic drama

No comments:

Post a Comment