NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Thursday, November 28, 2019

All the Best Lies (Ellery Hathaway #3) by Joanna Schaffhausen

Lucky me - I was able to read all 3 of the books in the series in 3 days and what a great thrill ride it has been! My only regret in devouring these this fast is that most horrible of fates: waiting for the next installment to be written and appear on my shelf.

Former policewoman Ellery Hathaway (she's on leave) and FBI agent Reed Markham are at it again. Their partnership takes them on many trips, but this one is very personal to Markham. Over 40 years ago, his mother was murdered while he lay in a crib in another room. Camilla Flores was only 19 when she died and her case was never solved. Based on some recent information that Markham received, this investigation just might cost him everything. Despite knowing the possible price, he and Ellery head to Las Vegas to see what they can stir up. It doesn't take long before these two are stirring up all kinds of trouble. NO SPOILERS.

I love this duo, they are fun and infuriating all in the same sentence! The stories are good even as sometimes quite far-fetched in terms of reality vs real things they could get away with, but I enjoy the writing and the fun of trying to solve the case and point the finger at the bad people before they figure it out. I know that no one will be surprised that the newly divorced Markham and Ellery might have a "thing" developing and I'm eager to see where this goes. I have to say, however, that the conclusion was indeed a bit of a twisted surprise and I definitely did not like that character!

I'm so glad that I was able to read these back-to-back and I look forward eagerly for the next book. Thank you to NetGalley and Minotaur Books for this e-book ARC to read, review and recommend.

This is the third book to date in a series and I suggest reading them all in order from the beginning.
Genre - crime thriller

No comments:

Post a Comment