NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Death at Sandy Bay (DC Sukey Reynolds #13) by Betty Rowlands

DC Sukey Reynolds of the Avon and Somerset CID is called out to investigate the drowning death of a guest at the nearby Dallingron Manor on Sandy Bay. She and the rest of the team are meant to determine if this was an accident or murder. Subsequently, there are two more deaths that may or may not be connected. Why would someone want Lance Rainbird dead? After all, he was just an introverted accountant who happened to be very interested in music and was simply attending an event when he ended up in the lake. It's a very frustrating and perplexing case and requires many hours to get to the bottom of it all. NO SPOILERS.

It's a very sad day indeed to come to the end of this series. I've enjoyed reading all the books from the beginning and feel that it is probably time to bring it all to a close. I've watched Sukey go from scene of crime investigator to detective, noticed her move to Bristol and the changing romantic relationships she's had now ending up with the journalist, Harry Matthews. I missed her son, Fergus, in this book as he was completely absent, and I felt the lack of finding out any news about him. This mystery wasn't quite as compelling as I'd hoped, but solve it she did and I can wave goodbye to this cozy crime series.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for this e-book ARC to read, review and recommend. It's a good police procedural and mystery collection and I'm glad I had the chance to read them all now as I'd missed out when they were all previously published.

This is #13 in a series featuring Sukey Reynolds and I read them all from the beginning in order and urge you to do the same.
Genre - cozy mystery, police procedural

No comments:

Post a Comment